Countermeasures for COVID-19
Hand sanitizer provided
Ensure Social Distancing
Guidelines for employees
Guidelines for guests
Countermeasures for COVID-19
- Hand sanitizer provided
- Hand sanitizers are placed in all guest rooms
- Hand sanitizers are available in public areas
- High contact points (door handles, remote controls, tables, etc) in guest rooms are sanitized during room cleaning.
- High contact areas in publice spaces (elevator buttons, handrails, etc) are disinfected and maintained frequently.
- Guest rooms are ventilated before and after each guest use.
- Public areas are ventilated frequently.
- Ensure Social Distancing
- Social distancing is ensured by installing physical barriers, such as clear plastic sneeze guards.
- Social distancing is ensured by changing restaurant layout or installing partition.
- Buffect style service is replaced by set menu at dining areas.
- Dining options in room or private dining room available.
- Guidelines for employees
- Our staff conduct hand washing, gargling, and face mask application.
- Our staff undergoes daily health check.
- Guidelines for guests
- Wearing a face mask, hand washing, and gargling is required.
- To ensure safety of all guests and emplyees, please kindly be advised that guests who failed temperature checks may not be allowed to enter and stay at the property.
- Occupancy is modified to avoid high contact and remain social distancing.
Notice from the hotel
At Prince Hotel, we offer our customers a safe, clean space and a comfortable stay. New "Prince Safety Commitment" hygiene and disinfection standards Was formulated and introduced. Creating a safe and clean environment so that customers can have a comfortable time. For more information, please visit the Prince Hotel official website. https://www.princehotels.co.jp/safety/
Situated on the banks of iconic Lake Biwa, the Lake Biwa Otsu Prince Hotel rises 38 stories and offers 529 guest rooms, each with its own lake view. A blend of harmony and scenery make this hotel one of Otsu’s symbolic sites, and the large 90m summer pool and 7 restaurants with wide selection of exclusive cuisines make this resort a perfect retreat and place for holiday excursions.
- Rooms (-)
- Plan (-)
Accommodations that represent their respective prefectures and that are worth visiting when you are in the area.
Overall Rating(30 reviews)
Lake Biwa Otsu Prince Hotel
4-7-7, Nionohama, Otsu City Shiga Prefecture, 520-8520 [View map]
check-in / check-out time
14:00 / 11:00
CI/CO time may be different depending on plan.
Number of guest rooms
* Currently, due to the recent spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19), the business contents of each restaurant are being changed. For details, please see other facility information or contact the hotel directly. We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding. Target period: For the time being from Wednesday, July 1, 2020 French cuisine Beaux Sejours 38F Supper 5:30 P.M.-9: 00 P.M. (Last order 8:30 P.M.) * Lunch time will be closed. Lake View Dining Biona 37F * For the time being, we will stop the traditional buffet style and offer it in individual buffet style. Breakfast 6: 30 A.M. ~ 10: 00 A.M. Lunch (2 parts) 1st part 11:30 A.M. ～ 1:00 P.M. / 2nd part 1:30 P.M. ～ 3:00 P.M. Supper (2 parts) 1st part 5:30 P.M. ～ 7: 00P.M. / 2nd part 7:30 P.M. ～ 9:00 P.M. Japanese Shimizu 36F * Sushi counter and tempura counter will be closed. Chinese Restaurant Riho Convention Hall 1F We will be closed for the time being. Lobby Lounge Port Nio (1F) 10:00 A.M. ～ 6:30 P.M. (Last order 6:00 P.M.) BBQ restaurant Lakeside Garden (1F / poolside) * Open only in summer Business in 2020 has ended.Read moreClose
Please contact the hotels/ryokans directly for more details.Read moreClose
Other facility information
Temporary suspension of work due to the spread of new coronavirus infection: Lake Biwa Otsu Prince Hotel will be temporarily closed throughout the following period for the health and safety of our customers and employees. Temporarily closed throughout the entire building: Monday, April 27, 2020 to Tuesday, June 30, 2020 *On Monday, April 27, it will be open until breakfast time. *Information may change depending on the situation. Thank you for your understanding in advance. Please note that some stores/services are currently closed or have changed business hours. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we will continue to pay close attention to the situation and make every effort to make our customers feel at ease. We ask for your continued understanding and patronage.Read moreClose
Ekinaka check-in immediately after getting off the Shinkansen Prince Hotel Welcome Counter Sightseeing in Kyoto/Shiga is very convenient. You can leave your luggage at the welcome counter at Kyoto Station and go sightseeing as-is. Your luggage will arrive at the hotel by the evening when you leave! Check-in registration and accommodation reservations are also available. Business hours: 9:00A.M.-6:00P.M. Place: Right on the right side of the Hachijo exit ticket gate at Kyoto Station Shinkansen TEL: 075-662-8186 * Service is free of charge. *Only available to hotel guests on the day of the event. * Luggage can be stored until 2:00 P.M.Read moreClose
＜PARKING FEE＞ JPY 500 per one-night stay, up to 14:00 on the check-out dateRead moreClose
- Bath tax
- Children allowed
- Room service
- Transportation service
- Parking area
- Hot spring
- Fresh hot spring
- Room with outdoor spa
- Public spa
- Private spa
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Esthe/Spa facility
- Fitness facility
- Barrier free
- 5 min walk from station
- Pets allowed
- Breakfast in room
- Dinner in room
- Open air bath
- Night view
- Ocean view
The accommodation features are general descriptions of the facility. The amenities and breadth of service will differ between each accommodation. For details, please confirm directly with the accommodation.
Access by public transportation.
＜Check-in & Luggage Drop-off Service at Kyoto Station＞ Get off a train, check in and drop off your luggage right at the station with our Prince Hotel Welcome Counter located at Kyoto Station Hachijo Exit (Kyoto Station South Exit). Go site-seeing hands-free without luggage! Your luggage will be waiting for you right in your room by the time you come to your room. ＜From JR Otsu Station＞ Approx. 10-minute ride on our free shuttle or taxi - From Shinagawa (Tokyo) to JR Otsu Station: 2 hours and 52 minutes; Take Tokaido Shinkansen from Shinagawa Station, get off at Kyoto Station and transfer to JR Tokaido Main Line (Biwako Line) - From Kobe to JR Otsu Station: 62-minute ride on JR Tokaido Main Line (Special Rapid Service) - From Osaka to JR Otsu Station: 40-minute ride on JR Tokaido Main Line (Special Rapid Service) - From Kanazawa to Otsukyo Station: 2 hours and 16 minute ride on Hokuriku Main Line/Kosei Line (Express)
4-7-7, Nionohama, Otsu City Shiga Prefecture, 520-8520
Royal Oak Hotel Spa & G...
Hikone Castle Resort & Spa
Setre Marina Biwako
Lake Biwa Marriott Hote...
Hotel New Omi
Regina Resort Biwako Na...